I so miss this show. My goodness I do. I’m a fangirl. Oh Robert and Cora and family you are in our hearts forever.
It’s good to see bloggers who haven’t posted in awhile showing up with some new stuff. Their presence is always missed. So to all you prodigal bloggers out there, welcome back. Keep on blogging.
For those who have started following in the past few days I welcome you to my corner of the blogging community. Thanks for tagging along for this geeks journey through life and stuff like that. There is a high nerd and dork factor here. Welcome aboard.
National Cookie Day is observed annually on December 4th. We can thank the Dutch for more than windmills and tulips. The English word “cookie” is derived from the Dutch word “koekie” meaning little cake.There have been cookie-like hard wafers in existence for as long as baking has been documented. This is because they traveled well however, they were usually not sweet enough to be considered cookies by modern day standards.
I hope you all have had some cookies with the beverage of your choice. Coffee, milk and tea are good options. No matter what cookie you like there is one that can satisfy ones sweet tooth.
This is a great way to cook a steak when you want steak and don’t want to cook it on a grill.
- 2-3 good-quality steaks, about 1″ thick (I like New York Strip)
- 2 tbsp real butter + more for plating
- Salt plus your favorite seasoning mix (my favorite is Trader Joe’s BBQ Rub with Coffee & Garlic)
I love ham because its versatile and its tasty. Ham is good anytime of year too.
- Pre-cooked ham that will fit in your slow cooker
- 1/4 cup brown sugar for every lb of ham
- 1 tbsp molasses for every lb of ham
- 1 tbsp bourbon (or apple cider) for every lb of ham*
- 1 tsp dry mustard for every lb of ham
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Splash of balsamic vinegar (optional)
Place ham in slow cooker with flat side down. Mix glaze ingredients together and pour over ham, brushing over the sides and working in between slices somewhat (if pre-sliced). Cook on low 4-5 hrs. Can re-baste periodically if desired.