Dinner tonight courtesy of The Soup Diva.
This dish is autumn and comfort stirred together in a bowl, yet another recipe adapted from & inspired by our rector’s wife, Rachelle.
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 16 oz cut pasta (I used rigatoni)
- 1 regular can pureed pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk (or dairy-free substitute)
- 1 shallot (or small onion), diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 tsp)
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- dash of cinnamon
- dash of nutmeg
- salt and black pepper to taste
Brown sausage and add shallot or onion and garlic, stirring until softened. Add broth and stir until no brown bits are on bottom of pan, then add seasonings and pumpkin and heat until bubbling. Reduce heat to low to allow sauce to thicken. Meanwhile, boil pasta to al dente; do not drain yet. Stir about 1/2 cup of pasta water into sauce, saving back at…
View original post 26 more words