We had this new delicious dish along with Chicken Tikka Masala, yellow rice and naan. Very good stuff.
- 12-16 oz shredded cabbage*
- 2 tbsp coconut oil or ghee (clarified butter)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp dried coriander (optional)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
Heat oil or ghee in large skillet or wok. Add garlic and all spices except salt. When garlic has had time to soften, add cabbage and sprinkle with salt. Stir well, allowing cabbage to cook down to desired tenderness. Serve hot.
*(Note: This batch was made with one bag of pre-shredded cole slaw mix; that’s where there are carrots. They added a nice sweetness and color!)