An awesome lemon cake made from scratch. Did I say awesome!
This cake was requested by my amazing sister-in-love to celebrate her 45th birthday. I adapted it heavily from a Pinterest recipe that involved expensive words like “stand mixer.” It is dense and moist and tangy and tart, all the things a good lemon cake should be.
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 sticks salted butter
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon zest (optional)
- 1 cup sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
For the glaze:
- 1/ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lemon curd (or omit and just double the juice)
Prepare Bundt or tube pan with butter or cooking spray and an even dusting of flour. Microwave butter for 30 seconds and whisk or beat together with sugar, eggs, lemon juice, and zest (if using). Add baking soda and 1/3 of the flour; stir…
View original post 96 more words