Our great dinner for an early fall night.
This started as a craving for both Brunswick Stew and Pozole Rojo, and [like David Pumpkins and other Fall treasures] became its own thing.
- 1/2 lb shredded smoked pork
- 1/2 lb shredded smoked chicken
- 4 cups water
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 2 regular cans hominy
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and black pepper to taste
- dash of hot sauce (optional)
Place all ingredients in large Dutch oven or slower cooker. Heat on medium-low until cooked through and allow to mellow on low heat if possible. Serve with cornbread if at all possible.
One thought on “Southwest Brunswick Stew”
this sounds really good