This dish was delish. A great combination of tastes and textures. Thai food is really something special.
This flavorful and mild curry is a popular Thai dish, despite its stark difference from other Thai curries (due to the influence of Indian cuisine). The traditional version contains chicken, beef, or lamb, and only potatoes and onions (although there are many modern versions with other meats and/or vegetables). Purists are adamant that no cilantro or chilis be added, as these will disrupt the balance of spices in the paste and the sweet/sour of the sugar and tamarind.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 can coconut cream or milk (14 oz or so)
- 1 small can massaman curry paste (4 oz or so)
- 3 large chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb Yukon Gold or other small potatoes (12-16), cut in fourths
- 1 sweet onion, rough chopped
- 1/4 cup brown (or palm) sugar
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews (optional)
- 2 tbsp tamarind paste (optional, but authentic)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional…
View original post 103 more words